Friday, November 6, 2009

What I learned in News Reporting

lead
nutgraph
3-5 most important
ur take on class
2 links

Being a big shot news reporter doesn't just get handed to you; its a long process that has to be earned. I wasn't trying to become a news reporter when I first took the class News Reporting, taught by professor Rob Priewe. I needed this class for the requirements for my public relations degree. I had previously been taking writing classes and was in the state of mind of writing like that, but when I started this class I had to change the way I had been taught to write. You are learning how to appeal to a different audiences, write about things people want to know more about, bring people information they wouldn't be able to reach with out news reporting, and writing a compelling fresh story. News Reporting has been my favorite class of this term, from starting out in a place where I didn't have much interest in news reporting, but as the term has progressed I have really enjoyed putting my self out of my normal comfort level and meeting new people and going to different events. I really like the interaction with the people. I think this class is worth while to take for anyone not just people who are in the journalism majors because it is a fun class where you learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment